View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 09:37 AM
Sadiemae
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
Originally Posted by stpatmom
I am definitely half full until I feel as though I'd burst if I didn't say something. With some of the complaints about quilt shops, I just thank my lucky stars to have the ones that I have near me. My favorite saying is, "Well, if that's the worst thing that happens to me today, then I'm a lucky girl!"
I find those threads about shops particularly uncomfortable, I can't help thinking that is someone's livelihood and business being discussed, what if it's a one off, what if the customer was actually one of those customers from hell that can never be satisfied. You only get one side of the story, and the willingness of people to jump on the bandwagon and condemn so quickly always disturbs me. It's another Libran trait, the desire for justice and balance.
Lately I have noticed that there are a lot of really negative things being said about chain stores. What is really bothering me is that all of the stores are looped into the same category(poor service/poor classes/only out to make money etc...). Maybe it is just where I live, but I don't see the negative problems of service or classes with stores here. I don't mean to step on any toes and I am not reading those threads anymore because it is just too hard not to take it personally. I have had a rare complaint with these stores as well as the LQS but if I do I am going to them personally, not in a post they will neer see. Thanks for listening. I feel better now just having said this.