Thread: Coffin Quilts?
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 11:12 AM
Marye

My grandmother who died 35 years ago, told me all about the Hatfields and the McCoys. Her family the Fullers lived around the families and at one time time my Grandmothers parents had two wounded family members (one of each) staying at their homes. My GMP told the children not to tell the injuried families that they were taking care of each other. Feared that they would be killed. My GM told me about these quilts and she had helped in makeing them. My GM move from Kentucky to Va when she was 20 years old and she live to be 96. She would tell me all about the fighting families and how they would come to the Fullers for help. A small civil war.
I wished I had taped her stories, I never knew I had a living history book in 'Granny'. My Mother(her daughter) has alz. and she lives with me and my husband, she now does not know me(hard to swallow to know that your Mother will never know who you again).Thank God for His Grace, Gospel Music on the radio and this board. I have no one else but you FRIENDS. Please keep my in your thoughts.