View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 10:09 PM
Wings

I tend to trade up every 18 months - I started about five years ago with a $200 Janome which I laybyed with my store owner here, and I worked my way through six machines, and ended up with the one today and a 350 e plus a mid range one all of which I kept. So I actually traded off three others to get here. However have no intention of parting with the Horizons, it will see me out. They do great deals at times with Janome and that is the time to trade and get the next one up. I paid about $1600 for my 6600 and sold it on the trade in back to the store for $1500 so in reality it cost me $100 to use it for eighteen months. I am pretty happy with that. I might add I own about 36 old machines, which I am now going to sell most of them off as we have run out of room. I am a machine junkie. I shall keep a couple of treadles and some hand cranks. Hopefully they will pay for the balance on the Horizon I owe my hubby's Mastercard - that is what I told him anyway :) So miss-ticky2 keep an eye on the net with Aussie stores and you will see the special come up on a 6600 and that is when you buy. The specials are all over Oz at every store when it happens.