View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 11:53 PM
patricej
Administrator

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
Okay. I have rarely seen a quilt in a show or fair that has included the pattern designer (even at professional booths that show off long-arm skills). , I feel like I got a "well, duh" type of answer. I am trying hard not to feel like I was personally attacked for asking about including the designer's name when this doesn't appear to be the norm at all. Since I have never shown a quilt, I wasn't sure if this was expected since I haven't seen this being done, for the most part, and I doubt that most of the quilts were original creations and not from a pattern somewhere.
i think i've read all the way through the topic. i'm fairly certain i didn't read anything that jumped out to me as a personal attack on anybody. i hope i didn't miss something because we definitely don't want such things to happen around here.

i can promise you that nothing i said was intended to point to or chastise anybody at all, let alone any one person in particular.

that said, i'm sure i speak for everyone when i say we're sorry if something in the responses made you feel badly. this conversation addresses a subject that is "touchy" and confusing to a lot of people. with so many differing interpretations offered up by countless "experts", debate is unavoidable.

a spirited debate is not a bad thing. it offers all of us a chance to share our understanding or perspective of the topic at hand. it also offers opportunities to learn something new.

debate = good. arguments and catfights = bad.

so far, i think we're well on the "good" side of the line. ;-)