View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 03:44 AM
aliaslaceygreen

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
Okay. I have rarely seen a quilt in a show or fair that has included the pattern designer (even at professional booths that show off long-arm skills). , I feel like I got a "well, duh" type of answer. I am trying hard not to feel like I was personally attacked for asking about including the designer's name when this doesn't appear to be the norm at all. Since I have never shown a quilt, I wasn't sure if this was expected since I haven't seen this being done, for the most part, and I doubt that most of the quilts were original creations and not from a pattern somewhere.
You WERE NOT personally attacked. Your question was the ONLY one I felt even marginally comfortable answering. As you will note, nowhere in my response did I state any part of copyright law. I asked a question of the general 'you' about how you would feel if it were done to you.

Two wrongs (or omissions) don't make a right. You don't have to know whether other people are doing what is right to do right yourself.

I was suggesting that we all place ourselves on the other side of the designers table.

And for some reason, no matter how carefully I or others phrase things on this board, someone is always willing to jump to the other end of the possible meaning. (Not just you MM, it seems a hobby here... :cry: :cry: :cry: )