View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 05:04 AM
aliaslaceygreen

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
I know that without hearing a tone of voice, or seeing body language expressions, that written communication can often be interpreted in a way that was not meant. I will take it as that.

I am very well-versed on what constitutes plagarism in the written and digital world, as well as the art world. I did my master's thesis on cyber-plagarism a few years ago. As a writer and English teacher, I constantly talk to my students about the importance of giving credit where credit is due.

However, since I don't see designer's names showing up on the paperwork that goes with many quilts in a show or a fair, I asked the question I did. I honestly don't think those quilters intended to mislead anyone. Granted, I have never been to a juried show... mostly guild shows and state fairs. I am sure in some of the fancy, shmancy quilt shows, there are stricter guidelines to adhere to.
You asked, I answered. I didn't call you out.

I am not willing to make more of this than it is---With your background, you understand perfectly about attribution.

There have been instances where quilters have neglected to say they worked from a kit/pattern and have gone home with the ribbon, despite the rules stating otherwise. (No, I don't have a link. I recall reading about it on other lists long ago.)

peace.
:D