Old 07-18-2008, 04:58 AM
bebe

Thanks you ladies for you coming to take a peek at my sewing room and projects.

Maggiebooboo I wanted you to see Lucinda so that pic was for you.

QAggi thanks for the comp. glad you liked my brown and pink log cabin quilt.

Ruth I do not use stabilizer I just pin it well to my backing fabric and do needle turn applique. Tulip farm has been a wip for awhile I work on it when I do not feel like usingthe machine or I take a project along to somewhere I cannot take my machine. i am slowly making my dear Jane blocks.

Renee some of the Dear Jane blocks are hard I have started with some of the simpler ones . I piece by machine the ones I can and have done needle turn and reverse applique on a few. I am using a line of fabric I had that had several pieces. You can make a scrappy one and use light color backgrounds and what ever fabric you have. The original one was made with civil war fabrics but I have seen many done the quilters way. Check out he book and take a adventure at making one.The catblock was done by my friend Nellie who belongs to my Birthday swap and she designedthat one for me since I love cats.

Quiltwoman yes I have been appliquing the Christmas blocks since last year. I work on them occasionally and that is why they are taking me so long. That is one of my WIP.