View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 01:18 AM
knlsmith

Originally Posted by Virginia Smith
It is obvious that this is a forum of people with exceptional quilting and intellectual ability. Maybe this is a nudge for all of us to brush up our creative skills, perhaps take a design class or two, and then be able to own our work completely. With a little training and EQ, we all have the ability to shine based on our own accomplishments and the satisfaction of knowing we owe nothing to anyone! Who knows, with this group of great minds, maybe this could release a whole new paradigm in design.

I admit that this thread has inspired me to take my own advice. I have taken a couple of classes in designing spirals and am starting one in bargello design. It is truly a joy to see a finished creation that started from scratch just out of my head and heart. The miracle is that your own design will look as good as any one else's and will truly be unique to you. (Kind of like our kids.)
VIRGINA SMITH: Love your last name, by the way. LOL

I love your comment. I would LOVE to have a version of EQ, but alas, I cannot spend the money on it. Daughter starts college in 3 weeks and needs a new tire for my car so she can drive it ($160 and takes 2 weeks to get when ordered)

I started this thread because I was so completely SICK of the "Nice Guy" finishing last. I went thru the trouble, cost, and effort to get permission from a designer to sell an item (whether I legally needed it or not who knows) and then someone I know in my area, who knew what I had done, started trying to sell the same thing without any attempt at getting permission. AND not even crediting the designer with the idea. Fortunately, their quality was NOT even in the same planet as mine. (evil snicker)

I am not trying to make a mint, Like I said before, I enjoy sewing/quilting, and each time I sell something I spend the money on more fabric or something to do with sewing/quilting.

And I will continue to ask any designers if they care if I sell items made from there patterns and give credit where credit is due. I feel that is the right thing to do and I can sleep at night.

I am so gald to see all the comments and questions on this thread. i really feel this has been the best copyright thread we have all made on this thread.