View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 09:33 AM
jrhboxers

I guess I am in a 'slump'. I have 5 client quilts hat I need to hand quilt but they are just sitting in their shopping bags waiting. But I am pretty sure that as soon as the weather cools and I don't feel like I will suffocate under them, I will get started again.

But it seems like I go in spurts. One is when I buy and buy and buy and buy fabrics and layout quilts and play with my EQ to lay it out, etc. And another is when I cut and cut and cut and put everything together. And then when I piece top after top. Funny, I never really get into a spurt where all I want to do is hand-quilt. I guess it is a good thing that I am saving my pennies from client work to buy a long-arm.

But it doesn't matter - I enjoy it all. Right now I am working on a baby quilt where I am cross-stitching the centers of the blocks and really enjoying that. I never really get bored I guess. Always something different to do or learn. Right now I am waiting on delivery of my QuiltCut that I bought off of here. I suspect that that will lead to a cutting binge.