Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Have You Hit a Quilting Slump? >

Have You Hit a Quilting Slump?

Have You Hit a Quilting Slump?

Old 08-04-2010, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Mornigstar
Also feeling blue. In ON or I would suggest we get together to just visit -girl talk - as I miss female time. Concerned I will die before I get family quilts made-have great fabric. Since I lost my quilt pictures it's worse.

I agree-take a break -check health but mostly don't feel guilty.
Thank you anyone willing to read this paragraph as writing this has helped me as I realize many are worse off than me.
I have been reading all the replies and it has helped me in many ways. First of all, I realize I am not alone and even though I am
sorry that so many others are struggling, I can see that others
go through this also, for various reasons.

There have been many wonderful suggestions, and I will see if
one or more of those will work for me.

I chose to quote the above paragraphs from Morningstar because she hit the nail on the head for me. I need to regain some quilting friends. Like you said, too bad you are so far away, or we might could visit. I have tried and tried to get a new group of quilting friends - or even one, but haven't been successful yet. Most of my good friends don't make quilts and have no desire to - they are not crafty types at all.

I know that at some point I will come out of this, and I am trying.
My problem does not stem from a lack of projects, fabric, ideas, or a place to work, and I know I could probably find someone to teach if I wanted too. There is just something inside me that just doesn't get joy from this right now and I just don't want to work on anything. I know that solutions to this have already been discussed, and I will consider them all and maybe try some.

Thank you all for your input. I feel like I know you on some level,
just because you were willing to share. Perhaps I will soon find a new quilting buddy, because I think that would get me going more than anything. For now, I feel encouraged and satisfied that many have reached out and shared their journey with me.
Have a GREAT DAY!
Marcia
Old 08-04-2010, 10:37 AM

Do something different, maybe make jewerly or purses or even make greeting cards. Maybe that will get you back to making quilts, or small ones. A big quilt here lately for me is way to much work. I go for little projects. Reward comes faster.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:17 AM

The most rewarding quilting that I have done is, I belong to a quilt ministry in our church that makes quilts for Hospice patients, foster children, children's homes (orphanages) and anybody else that needs to be wrapped in some love. It makes me want to start another one before I even finish with the one I am working on!! There is such a need out there, and I know I get more blessings than the ones even that receive them.
God Bless
Old 08-04-2010, 06:46 PM

Thank you MarciaCP for starting this thread. I admire your honesty and bravery to discuss such a personal topic. The replies were so helpful. I am so glad to be a member not only because the information is so great, but because the members are beyond great. Their understanding, suggestions and sympathy are wonderful.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:36 AM

Hey, girl. I am having some of the same problem. I think I have way too many UFO's that I am just overwhelmed and don't know where to start. But I am forcing myself just do a little bit every day to get some of them done and refusing to buy anything else. I am making headway a little bit at a time so hopefully someday in the future I will get back my happiness with going to my sewing room. Good luck and God bless you.