View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 04:00 PM
PiecesinMn

After reading this reply and have to agree whole heartedly. Especially if you feel off or not yourself but not sure why.
Originally Posted by jackkip
Marcia,
I would first off start with a good physical. Go to your Dr. and tell him how you are feeling. There can be tons of reasons why you are feeling this way. Clinical depression is the first one to come to mind. But there can be other physical reasons. Trust me I have been there.

About 5 years ago, I thought I was literally going crazy. My family even though I was Bi-polar. Well, it turned out I had Graves Diease. This is where your thyroid gland over produces thyroid hormones and let me tell you it is not a pretty picture. One of the main things I noticed was not being able to concentrate or focus on things. My poor sewing room sat for a couple of years. Just didn't have the desire to do nothing. After proper diagnoses and surgical treatment, I am finally feeling like my old self.

So yes, this could be just a "Phase". I would highly recommend that you first start out with a clean bill of health. Then go from there. I encourage everyone to listen to your body. If you don't think something isn't right, have it checked out. No one knows us better than ourselves :)
Jackie