View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 06:30 AM
dkabasketlady

I remember helping my DGM paint animals on squares and she put other blocks with these for a quilt(I have this quilt) and having her teach me to sew on a Treadle machine. I used to make some of my clothes, then my children's clothes and even some of my DD's dance costumes. Life got VERY busy with four children and seven grandchildren and I only mended for some time. I went on disability and my DH & I relocated from IN. to FL. and I was an empty-nester(what a different life completely). My DM had been quilting since her DM passed and inherited all of her UFO's, WIP's and stash. She felt like I needed something to keep me busy to deal with being an empty-nester and the rest is HISTORY. I haven't looked back and Happily curse her every time I talk to or see her,LOL!! She has even gotten my two sisters into quilting and we all live in different states. I've never taken a class and ALL I've learned has been from my DM, books, TV shows, and this GREAT BOARD!!! I'm now trying to get my DD interested in quilting, but it may be my 3yr. old DGD that is more interested.