View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 07:33 AM
marciacp

Originally Posted by applique
If teaching quilting to kids catches your attention, there are schools, Sunday school, 4-H, scouts and girls clubs who could all use some fun activity. Kids just seem to naturally be creative and have fun. Maybe they can spark something fun in you too!
I guess kids aren't really my favorite venue to teach. I love kids,
and have two grown ones of my own, but I'm just not geared
towards teaching kids for some reason. I love beginning adult quilters, though, because they are like a blank canvas and you get to enjoy their enthusiasm as they put something together for the first time. I like to teach other classes also, but once again, in order to teach a class you have to do a sample and lots of preparation. Somehow I have to get over my slump of wanting to sew in order to do that.

I think many people's suggestion about depression is a real possibility. Here I am bearing it all out for people I don't even know, but since several have suggested it, I'm just saying I
agree that could be the culprit. My personality is not one usually given over to depression. I am very upbeat, laugh a lot and love people, but I know something is wrong that is hindering me, so it could very well be depression. I had honestly considered that myself, even before I wrote in.
Marcia