Thread: Bone Spurs
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 06:11 PM
mrspete

All of these comments are so true. I have had heel spurs in my right heel for many years. Not ignoring them, but could not afford to do anything about them. They have torn the achilles in two places, speared it as a matter of fact. The sports med doc said for me to use ice a lot when it swells. Take a 1" high book and put both feet, toes first on it and tip upwards and then back down. Exercise this way to stretch it, gently. Then he prescribed the nitro glycerine patches. He said to quarter the patch and put a quarter of it on the worst pain area and wear it for 12 hours and rest for 12 hours. Next, he said to wear the boot at night, because the angle of relaxation is not helpful when the toes point forward. They need to be drawn slightly back to the shin bone and the soft boot helps with that. True, I cannot wear a shoe with a back or strap and it needs to tip forward when walking, so I have a 3/4 wedge to use inside my shoe. It's a true pain. I take ibuprofen .....four to start, six hrs later I take three, then six hours later I take two and I continue to take two for a two day therapy. This stuff is hard on you, so you don't challenge your well being and abuse it. Sometimes, just a tylenol at bedtime helps. I use the motorized buggy at the store and I stay off pavement and concrete floors as much as I can. Girlfriend, I feel your pain! I've been suffering for nearly 40 years with it and it left these damages. Please try to get it fixed so you can enjoy life. Continuous pain should be needless. God Bless you, Ruth