View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 07:37 AM
Naiscoot

A "good" friend of mine said she wanted to take up quilting and did I want to join her for a class. Of course, I said sure. The class that only cost $ 30.00 ended up costing me about $ 600.00. I had to buy a sewing machine That was 7 years ago. After joining the quilting class with her, I mentioned it at church and now have 2 other ladies who quilt. Our favourite pass time is going to our FQS together. Seems like we always want to just go and look, but come home with that fabric you just could not pass up. About 30 quilts later, my friend says I can no longer call myself a "new Quilter." I still consider myself a new quilter.. The points don't always match. The seams in the back have a habit of turning themselves when I piece them together. But it is relaxing and very addictive. I try to use up my scraps with the scrappy quilts, but some how the scrapes always seem to grow, not disappear. Although this is an expensive hobbie, it is one that I have been doing for 7 years, which is a long time for me to enjoy it. I hope it never stops, probably won't because I have to use up all those scrapes. lol