View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 07:20 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

Originally Posted by Lucky Patsy's "Mom"
If any of your relatives at the anniversary are quilters, maybe you could use their sewing machine and even recruit them for an afternoon of helping you out. Just a thought, it could be fun and you might get a lot done.
Most of my relatives are coming from other areas. My great aunt and uncle (who are having the anniversary) and my aunt and uncle would be the only one who actually live in the area where we are traveling to (Suring, WI...its about 40 miles from Green Bay, I think). I doubt my aunt has a sewing machine (I've never seen an interest in craft related stuff...her skills are more in music---guitar, banjo, accordian, and I think drums---and farming)...we always stay with her when we're up there. My great aunt might have a sewing machine. Other than her, I really don't know of anyone who might be into quilting. Besides, as far as the actual construction of the quilt, I like to do it on my own.

Actually, I'm having doubts if I'll get anything done while I'm there. Seems like when I bring my "work" with me anywhere (drawing, quilting, etc.) with the intention of getting something done I never get around to it. Espessily when its a get together with my mom's side of the family. Get to talking to people, trying out the food (food's a big thing in this family, which only makes me glad I'm blessed with good metabolism), usually Aunt Cindy and Uncle Gary whip out the accordian and banjo and start playing for people standing around the couch, etc. There's always something going on. I guess that's why I never get board, despite the fact my aunt and uncle live on a small farm not too far from a town where the population doesn't reach triple digits.