View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 07:54 PM
WLee

I had had an interest in quilting, but never really went past reading about it and buying a few pieces of fabric. I was so busy working and raising three children that I didn't really have time to quilt. Then, I tried out for our community theater musical play, "Quilters," which, through a mother and her daughters, tells the stories of courageous pioneer women. Each story is symbolized by a quilt block. It is a touching musical (I played the mother) and the experience of being part of this production really made me appreciate my own pioneer heritage. After the musical had its run, I joined a quilting guild and decided that I needed to learn how to make quilts. Something just resonated inside me and I started to learn all I could about the craft. I have always loved beautiful fabric and began to develop my stash! I am still learning with every quilting book I read and every quilt I design or start to make! This is the year I'm dedicating to finishing several UFO's I started but didn't complete! My problem is that I am interested in just too many things. I love reading, writing, drawing and painting, and music. I teach thirty-five to forty students piano, guitar, and voice lessons in my home each week! Sometimes I'm just too tired after teaching to do anything but lie down and read! At least, I get to read several quilting books and magazines! Anyway, the more I learn about and try different quilting techniques, the more I enjoy it. It has been so interesting to read about everyone's unique introduction to quilting. This is such a fun site. The only problem is all the time one can spend on the computer! Happy quilting, everyone! WLee