View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 05:32 AM
zz-pd
Banned

I always wanted to learn. When I became disabled, I was so lost, I could not do anything with out pain. I found this quilt board one night, and read it for a couple months. I could not and still cant buy any sewing things, but some wonderful people with so much generosity, sent me fabric,batting,thread, books, a ruler, and even ink for my printer. so I could teach myself to quilt. This has helped me get through the toughest days. I even was sent a bow tuck purse, designed with a long handle, so I could use it with my walker, and have my hands free. and another lady sent me a shopping bag designed the same way. I have two patterns now. the bow tuck purse and the diamond quilt that dunster designed. I am waiting tell next year to make the diamond quilt, were I hope I can afford the jewele colored fabric.Everyone has been so wonderful and suportive. I have never meant so many wonderful people. It makes me cry when I get a suprize in the mail. There are so many wonderful quilt angels, and if it was not for them, I would not be able to learn to quilt at all. Thank you all so very much for your generosity and kindness. You are what keeps me going. God bless. Penny