View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 06:58 AM
Lucy90

I bought some flannel that had purple violets on it and had it for years. One day I saw flannel that would go perfect so I cut out squares and triangles and started to put them together not realizing I should have measured better. Anyway I finished it and hand quilted it. My cousin who is a first class quilter came to visit and I showed her with reservations. She just praised me to no end. Great cousin. Well she took me to a quilt shop and I got my first kit with charms. I did the quilt and it came out nice. When she came back to visit in the fall I had finished two more lap quilts. I got the bug. That was 3 years ago. She has passed a year now from cancer but taught me a lot and when I have a problem I look up and say help. I have joined a class and block of the month classes at a LQS which is great. My husband just passed from cancer and while he was sick quilting was my savior and it has helped now. It is a great way to relax, forget for awhile and have something totally beautiful to share.