View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 05:24 PM
justwannaquilt

Originally Posted by Naturalmama
lol! I've been collecting fabric for many different quilts-to-be, but I just picked up some more 30's fabric today and was thinking about how I'd only want to use a pattern that was from that time period - so I can start thinking about it and put it in the bin with the fabric I'm slowly collecting (it was in the discount room, so I had to get it! ;))

Thanks for the ideas - I will check them out!

I just added the feedsack book to my Amazon wish list so I can keep track of it! :) And the Egg-money book...

I just received my grandmothers rocking chair - it had been given to her by her mother. I have lots of memories rocking in it on her front porch with my cousins. My dad says he remember rocking in it when he was little - and he remembers his dad rocking in it. That really means something to me as he died when my dad was 18 so I never met him - and we named my son after him. I wanted to make an appropriate quilt to drape over it - so I figured the 30's repro would be best. :)
I don't have a suggestion, but I wanted to say that I loved reading your story. I too remember my Grandmother's rocking chair. It is the only thing my mother has of my grandmother and mom has already told me I could have it whenever I wanted it since she doesn't really have room for it! My mother also has a rocking chair that I will fight tooth and nail to get. My father gave it to her when she was pregnant with me.

I just love rocking chairs.