View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 10:02 AM
Ms. Shawn

Originally Posted by stefanib123
I swear, almost every quilter I know has a cat!

My baby only has 3 legs, but he can quilt with the best of them! LOL! I keep a wicker basket of material under my sewing desk and he loves to sleep there. He will occasionally reach out and swipe my material and bat it, but for the most part he lays there and sleeps. He's a very lazy cat, and was like that before his accident.

ETA: He lost his back leg. He never goes outside, since hes' been declawed, but one night after I went to bed, the boys must have accidentally let him out, and the next morning my husband found him on our steps missing his leg. He was hit by the train that goes by our house! He recovered well and is fine now.

Sometimes, I'll go in there and find he's played with my thread on my machine! He'll have it unraveled and knotted up.

When I spread out a quilt on the floor, he comes flying and jumps on it. Never fails.

Here he is:
He is so georgeous! Very sad to hear what happened to him but very happy he is better!! And yes We have 4 cats, our oldest Brandy- a calico is 17, Prince our only boy is an orange tabby 9 yrs old, then the girls/sisters bothe are 1 yr old, Nila is black and white with long hair and my little baby who was the runt of the litter is Kricket she is white with spots of gray and black. She sleeps with me every night under the covers. They are all sweet as can be. Nila loves to get on top of my cutting table and lay down and got to sleep, then when I catch her and get her down there is black and white hair everywhere!!! :thumbdown: But gotta love um! :thumbup: