Thread: BATS!
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 12:57 AM
quiltsRfun

Reminds me of years ago when we found a mouse in our house. We didn't have a mouse trap right then but thought we could chase him outside. So we opened the front door and while I stood by another doorway to block entrance to other rooms DH chased him around the room towards the open door. That sneaky little mouse ran around the perimeter of the room two or three times, always keeping himself behind the furniture. He must have seen that I was holding a broom. When he came to the open door you'd think he'd run outside. Perfect escape, right? We even opened it partway so it made a funnel to direct him outside. But bo, this mouse had other ideas. First he'd crash into the door, then he'd run under it and start another lap around the room. Mind you this was late at night so there's no telling what the neighbors thought when they heard screaming whenever he'd run across my feet. We never did get him out of the house that night so we got some mousetraps the next day and set them. Heard a snap that night so DH and when DH went to check the little guy was still squirming. DH decided he'd wait till morning to make sure the deed was done then dispose of he remains. Inthe morning he found an empty mouse trap - no mouse and no cheese. Try again. We re-set the trap but the next day when we came home we found our dog chasing the mouse around the kitchen. As we opened the door that mouse ran out and into the attached garage and disappeared. The next morning we found him dead. Nowhere near the mousetrap and the dog had been locked upstairs. We figured it could have been the head injuries from running into the door, the excitement of the chase, or maybe we just scared him to death.

I always think of bats as mice with wings. Glad we just had the mouse.