Old 08-06-2010, 02:58 PM
Wings

Originally Posted by purplemem
Wings,
I appreciate the sympathy but I did a lot of this to myself. Diabetes is a progressive, chronic disease. I saw it as "a little sugar issue". Dr. Guthrie, past president of American Diabetes Assoc., told me at a workshop, "the sad thing is that the damage you are living today was done 10 - 15 years ago, maybe even before you were diagnosed."

BTW-anytime you have a blood sugar reading of over 200 you are having PERMANENT NERVE DAMAGE.

When I was first diagnosed I was told to keep my blood sugars under 200, that diabetes was a blood sugar of over 150.
Now, I am told to keep my numbers under 100. Things have really changed in diabetes care. If your numbers are over 100, you are risking life changing complications.
Purplemem - I am sorry but the figures you quote are different to ours - we have 3.5 as normal, I am 6.4 on my six monthly test just done last week - so how does that equate to your figures - if normal is 3.5 here then does it equate to 150 over there? I would love to know how to solve the mystery of equating the readings.