Old 08-06-2010, 11:20 PM
kwiltkrazy

Originally Posted by Kryssa
I own a Janome Magnolia 7330 and I am about to kill everyone in the house at the thought of sitting down to finish quilting a twin XL quilt.

I'm guessing most of you send your bed quilts to a long arm quilter? But I can't afford that.

Maybe it wouldn't be as bad if I was just quilting straight lines, but I decided to SITD around some of the shapes.

I am about half way done. Maybe I will get another quarter done tonight if I can stand to sit down and start. If I could finish the quilting this weekend I would be so happy.

And I will probably never stray from lap-size and baby quilts again!

What exactly are you having trouble with? I have never sent a quilt out, I can't afford it, and I like to have it done by me, semi-control freak, even though I'm not all that good. But, I have done every size on my Janome 6500, and haven't had a lot of trouble. I like to puddle my quilt around the needle, and not roll the whole thing which is much harder. I first do all my stitch in the ditch, to stabelize it, then I work in sections, that way you're not moving it as much. I also use quilting gloves, which makes it much easier. Please don't give up on bed quilts, it can be done. Have you ever tried quilting it as you go, or quilting it in equal sections, then put the already quilted sections together.