View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 04:29 AM
leatheflea

This week a very dear friend of mine past at the age of 59. He and his wife are my ex-husbands aunt and uncle. We've remained very close since the divorce. Sometimes I worry that there will be "problems" with my presence at family function that they invite me to so I avoid the gatherings. Well this is one you can't avoid, a funeral. I was so worried that the ex would be there (He still is bitter after 7 yrs, even though he's remarried I'm not) so I called to make sure I could at least avoid him. Then I worried that the extended family would not want me there and cause a scene. But hell or high water I was going to this showing for my dear friend connie that lost her husband. So my boyfriend said "I'm going with you for support" hes a gem by the way. His precense I thought would be another problem. To my surprise I was greeted with open arms. The ex wasn't there and the family was telling my boyfriend how great I was and not to let me go! They told him of all the wonderful things they thought of me. I suppose I've been a little insecure since the divorce. Thats another long story. Anyway I know there are others out there that worry about silly things like this and my point is DONT. When your heart is in the right place theres nothing to worry about.