View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 09:43 AM
stefanib123

I found some kittem formula! My friends' cousin had a few cans left over from a litter of kittens that she had that the mommy didn't have enough milk for.(she breeds Siamese) It a couple of months old, but the expiration date on it is still good and it's cans so it should be fine.

I'm going to run by there and pick them up in a little while. Even with them eating, she says that we should still give them formula, too, for another week or so.

She also said that about cow's milk, too, the same thing that CarrieAnn said, they usually can't tolerate when they are this young.

I kind of wish that they would have left them with the mommy a little longer. But, the guys figured as long as they could eat, they would be better off with people than in the coal mines. He said the mommy was sooooo skinny, too. One of the other guys was going to take her, but there was kind of a dispute over that, LOL! Some wanted to leave her at the mines since she's been living there, kinda like their "mascot" or something. I don't know what they wound up doing, my husband left before they figured it out.