Old 08-07-2010, 10:47 AM
marla

I did a Q size and it was very difficult to maneuver the quilt. I stitched in the ditch. Never again. Next time I will do FMQ as I think I could keep from turning the whole quilt so very many times.
Think about doing small circles or loops in each block to maek the pattern stand out. If each piece in the block is large,do some loops or vines, etc. onto the pieces. Look at some quilted pieces for ideas. Turning the quilt was the worse pain ever, so I will try it this way next time I quilt it. Plus, I will start with a small quilt to see if that will work. Good luck!
marla

Originally Posted by Kryssa
I own a Janome Magnolia 7330 and I am about to kill everyone in the house at the thought of sitting down to finish quilting a twin XL quilt.

I'm guessing most of you send your bed quilts to a long arm quilter? But I can't afford that.

Maybe it wouldn't be as bad if I was just quilting straight lines, but I decided to SITD around some of the shapes.

I am about half way done. Maybe I will get another quarter done tonight if I can stand to sit down and start. If I could finish the quilting this weekend I would be so happy.

And I will probably never stray from lap-size and baby quilts again!