View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 05:36 PM
DebraK

Originally Posted by pgthom
Originally Posted by Sassy913
I find it unusual for some folks to enter "in hiding" when stating their location at registration. Why would anyone not want to be known for their locale? This is a very safe form of communication.
The opportunity is there to learn more about one's own backyard so to speak whether where the best buys are for fabric stores, swaps , etc, or the chance to make a connection with a like spirit. I find it very interesting to read where folks are from and get some great responses on anything from places to one day visit, great shopping finds, or even the chance to make a wonderful new friendship a bit more personal by maybe meeting one day. Please share your thoughts on my questions.
I'm w/ Sassy on this. It is interesting to know where folks are from, and several times I have sought or responded to inquiries about local shopping, mutual acquaintances or just to exchange pleasantries about a place I have visited. I don't care where people live in a malicious or scary way, but in a caring way.
People who are comfortable with it will continue to do it, and there may be some who overlook that option in their newness.
people who want to share, will. I'm a little sorry that people keep forcing the issue with this question. No offense to the original poster. Again, I must ask, why does it matter? Just enjoy the board and what it has to offer.