View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 04:02 AM
Maride

I have a little corner set up for sewing at my In-laws. My MIL has no patience to sit two seconds to look at anything unless is a soap opera. Last night I was swing and she started looking at the quilt I am working on. Is a carpenter's wheel, dark maroon, bright yellow, white, with black borders. I am putting a lot of effort into the quilting. My backing is green. I used beige thread on the back for the quilting, and changed the color of the top thread everytime I had a color change on the top. My black borders get black on the top and bottom so the beige doesn't show on the top. She is moving the quilt, touching and pulling while I quilt, but I said nothing. all of a sudden she said she doesn't like the top. She prefers the back. She said: I can use it to cover the back of the chair, but I will use it with the green up.

First, the quilt is not for her, is just for my pile of quilts I am planning to sell, second, I put so much effort into matching corners and great quilting, and she prefers the back. Is a good thing she left before I had a chance to react. I guess it was better not to answer.