Old 08-10-2010, 06:23 AM
SandyinZ4

This was a very nice 'thread' to read and hear about all your stashes so I will add my story. When I was very small,(under age 6) to entertain me, my mom would sit me down on the floor next to her rag drawer and she said I would play there happily for hours. It must have stuck because now, I can sort through all my bits and pieces of scraps and let my imagination soar. Fortunately, I have a wonderful friend who does not wish to keep her scraps so she sends them to me. How fortunate I am and I tell her that it is way better than Christmas when she sends me a treasure box of goodies. I have 3 scrap quilts begun (spider web;one I call stained glass and a replica of one my mom made back in the 30's) and ideas for more. My stash just seems to grow also and I have had many fabrics for years. Some I know now are not suitable for quilting so need to get rid of them. One day, will get them all organized with the neat folding tut that I saw on here. I probably have 8 of those square milk carton like storage containers full of fabric and a couple cardboard boxes. Loved all your stories. :-)