View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 07:31 AM
lkcantwell

I am really excited now to hear about this machine from an owner who actually uses it. It is supposed to arrive tomorrow via UPS. Anyway, I'm not sure of its history, because I bought it FACTORY REFURBISHED from Kens Sewing Center in Muscle Shoals, AL. I need to call them and ask about it. It may have just been sitting in their warehouse all these years...don't know, but I do know they've advertised that they were cleaning out their warehouse recently.

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Mine is 13+ years old and I love it.♥ I have since gotten a 6600P, but the 3000 still hums along. I usually take it to workshops when I don't feel like lugging the 6600P. I bought a table that has a cut-out made for the 3000. Gives you a nice, large flush surface for your sewing surface.

It got soaked by a nasty hail storm in 2005 - blew out the windows it was sitting in front of. After drying for a week, I tried it and it worked just fine, The computer stuff must be in a protected area of the machine.

I had originally gotten it as it had the 2 features I simply must have - needle up/down & infinite needle placement capability. The 1/4" foot wasn't included, so I bought 1 and wouldn't know how to piece without it!!!

I think you'll love yours. Good luck.