Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone own a Janome Memory Craft 3000?

Please tell me about it. Your likes and dislikes or hints, tips or anything. All will be appreciated. I just inherited one of these. I have not had a computerized machine before, just used older machines and collect featherweights. Need a little encouragement I guess, a little nervous about starting out with it. Thanks. Ruth

Blog Entries
    I remember feeling that way when I got my first computerized machine. I now own a Janome 6600 and Brother Innovis400D. I was very imtimidated. Grab your manual, turn on your machine and take it slowly. I had the machine guy give me a demonstration, but it was basically useless. I found, by turning on the machine and reading the manual, and just taking my time, I learned more. Have fun with your machine...relax...don't be afraid to try new things...

HI I have the Janome 3500 plus two embroidery machines by Janome. You will love the machne I bought the 3500 to take to classes etc. Ii is light weight to carry. Not one of my machines ever gave me trouble. Just try out every thing on it to see how it works. I will say be sure and use only the bobbins that came with it or buy only Janome bobbins. A friend of mine started using metal bobbin from another machine she had and messed up her tension etc. Change the needle frequently and just go for it. You will especially like needle up and down. Enjoy Marge

I have owned a Memory Craft 7000 for 20+ years and recently have bought 2 more on eBay. They are great machines. I have given one to daughter #1 and will keep the 2nd for back-up since I have usually kept only one machine. These older machines always get rave reviews. I think several others on this Board have the same machine. I would NEVER buy a new machine when these do so well.

Enjoy your computerized machine. They are great. Never any tension worries and you get consistent stitching all the time.

You can call the Janome company to ask about when the machine was made -and how much the original cost was....at 1-800-631-0183. The MC numbers do not run in sequence so it is difficult to know when they were made. My MC7000 was made 1989-90 and the MC6000 was made 1983-99 but the MC4000 was made in 1993.

I would not sew on anything else. I use mine for all my piecework and they have all performed perfectly. And my daughter says it is the best she has ever sewn on. Nothing like happy customers.

What a great gift you have there.

June in Cincinnati

Thank you ladies for the replies. I may gather my courage and get started to learn this "new to me" machine next week. Ruth

I have a Janome Memory Craft 9600. Love it! Just love it! Been using it all day today! I also have a small Janome for travel. The memory craft is just too heavy to carry around.

i have a janome memory craft 8000 for 16+ years. best machine i ever owned, and that's a lot. :mrgreen: they've come and gone, but not the janome. i have a little one, just like deedum, for travel, the janome gem.
    and i bought my daughter a full-size for her birthday.

they do an awful lot for one machine. if you don't have the manual, get one online. be sure to read it.

butterflywing
    don't you just love the janome gem too, I have the platium, such a nice little travel mate. Taking to class Wednesday, so many nice features, I am thinking now I should have splurged for the next higher gem, I love it so much. Funny, how we can just take such a personal connection to our machines.

Blog Entries
    I have two Janome. I have memory craft 1001 and 9000. Love them both. wish I had more time to really play with the embroidery part. I bought my daughter a regular janome and she likes hers to.

Quote Originally Posted by deedum
    butterflywing
    don't you just love the janome gem too, I have the platium, such a nice little travel mate. Taking to class Wednesday, so many nice features, I am thinking now I should have splurged for the next higher gem, I love it so much. Funny, how we can just take such a personal connection to our machines.
    mine is the jem (i spelled it wrong before) gold. very basic. i take it on vacations just to piece. yours is upper end from mine. but, yes, i do love it and it hardly weighs anything. it doesn't even live in the sewing room. it lives in my closet. when i pack my clothes, i pack my machine. :wink:

I should leave mine in it travel case, but I always unpack it. Think I like it sitting out, and then sometimes I use it when my other machines are busy! I would love to get a little featherweight or a 301 which I may prefer, what a workhorse they are. I am going to have to be more productive than I am now to justifiy another machine though. There is 3 Janome Gems right, gold, platnium and ? They are all good, just more bells and whistles I think.

mine has no bells or whistles. very basic. i don't get fancy while traveling.

dear mine aint the same brand i've had my Brother inovius40000 an it is all computerized an i love it .it even threads its needle its self assum machine.

Has anyone with a 3000 MC responded to you? I couldn't find any. I just bought the New Home (Janome) 3000 MC from Ken's Sewing Center, but it won't be here until the end of the week. When I get some time on it, I will reply to you.

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mine is 13+ years old and I love it.♥ I have since gotten a 6600P, but the 3000 still hums along. I usually take it to workshops when I don't feel like lugging the 6600P. I bought a table that has a cut-out made for the 3000. Gives you a nice, large flush surface for your sewing surface.

It got soaked by a nasty hail storm in 2005 - blew out the windows it was sitting in front of. After drying for a week, I tried it and it worked just fine, The computer stuff must be in a protected area of the machine.

I had originally gotten it as it had the 2 features I simply must have - needle up/down & infinite needle placement capability. The 1/4" foot wasn't included, so I bought 1 and wouldn't know how to piece without it!!!

I think you'll love yours. Good luck.

I am really excited now to hear about this machine from an owner who actually uses it. It is supposed to arrive tomorrow via UPS. Anyway, I'm not sure of its history, because I bought it FACTORY REFURBISHED from Kens Sewing Center in Muscle Shoals, AL. I need to call them and ask about it. It may have just been sitting in their warehouse all these years...don't know, but I do know they've advertised that they were cleaning out their warehouse recently.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    Mine is 13+ years old and I love it.♥ I have since gotten a 6600P, but the 3000 still hums along. I usually take it to workshops when I don't feel like lugging the 6600P. I bought a table that has a cut-out made for the 3000. Gives you a nice, large flush surface for your sewing surface.

It got soaked by a nasty hail storm in 2005 - blew out the windows it was sitting in front of. After drying for a week, I tried it and it worked just fine, The computer stuff must be in a protected area of the machine.

I had originally gotten it as it had the 2 features I simply must have - needle up/down & infinite needle placement capability. The 1/4" foot wasn't included, so I bought 1 and wouldn't know how to piece without it!!!

I think you'll love yours. Good luck.

Blog Entries
    I have the 5000 and have loved it both for emb. and applique work. I have even quilted wall hangings on this machine. Best part, it has never been to a repair shop and I have had it 12+ years. Good luck and have fun!

Don't be nervous. Before you try to sew, read the manual through, and follow its instructions to fill a bobbin, thread the machine, how to select your stitch, etc. I just received mine from
    Ken's Sewing Center in Muscle Shoals, AL, and it sews beautifully. I cannot say enough good about this little machine. The only two feet I would recommend are: 1) walking foot for quilting or sewing many layers of fabric together & 2) 1/4" or the stitch-in-the-ditch foot. This second food is clear and has 2 metal parts that attach to it to use for sewing a scant 1/4" for quilting or other craft projects. You will love this machine. It is a little workhorse. Good luck and don't be afraid to ask questions on this Message Board. We are here for each other.

Sounds like I just bought a nice little jewel. I love the machine because it has all the basics and it isn't so heavy that I can't carry it to class. I now have 3 machines and a serger. May get rid of the 270D Brother combo sew/emb.

Do you happen to know when the Janome/New Home 3000 was first offered for sale. I would like to know the age of my machine.
    I've sewn all the stitches out on a sampler to put with my manual. They are beautiful, both the right side and the wrong side. Awesome. My dealer is the greatest, Ken's Sewing Center in Muscle Shoals, AL.

Here is the number to call

1-800-631-0183

MEMORY CRAFT 7000 was made 1983-1988. This is the model I own.

I have called and asked about various models and they are always very nice to give information.

June in Cincinnati

Blog Entries
    I have the 3500 and love it. I've had it for 11 yrs and it's still going strong. I only bought a 6600 recently because of the harp size and accufeed. I actually didn't see much difference otherwise as far as performance.

Thank you so much. I'll be sure and give them a call when I get within cell phone signal. I'm remote in the mountains with no land line.

Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California
    I love my 4900 MC!

There is a Yahoo! Memory Craft Group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/memorycraftsewingclub/

You can join there and get lots of great help! Have fun.

I recently received my Janome/New Home MC 3000 machine, and I love it. I've stitched samples of all 30 stitches on heavyweight white fabric that I cut into 8-1/4" x 10-3/4" pieces. I labelled the stitch # beside the row of stitches. I plan to put these two sheets of samples in sheet protectors and keep with my manual. I can tell you that all the stitches are beautiful. The machine is very stable, but at the same time is not too heavy to carry to classes. It is a great little machine for a second machine or for a beginning sewer. I have a Janome MC 4900 QC as my primary machine, and this 3000 makes a perfect second machine for me. I will add that if this is the only machine a person has, it will still be great.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast