View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 02:42 PM
NikkiLu

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by tlrnhi
My daughter is VERY environmentally friendly. No, she's not a treehugger, but she likes to save/recycle or whatever whenever possible. She uses cloth diapers for the babies and neither one of them has had a bit of diaper rash. She'll put a disposable on them if traveling for the day, but other than that, it's cloth, cloth, cloth.

She's thinking she want's to do this, but unsure of it all. She says she could toss them in the diaper pail with the diapers, which is usually always full. Yes, she hangs it all out to dry too, but neighbors don't care, they love the babies.

Yes Patrice...I said the EW thing too, but....oh well....sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do. This will also save her a bit of money too, I think, I hope!
Now this is really gross, on a blog the lady said she takes the water from the diaper and mama pail and dumps it in her garden. She said is has lot of nutrients and everything grows huge. I don't know her personally but since she writes of her veggies garden I don't think if I did I would ever have a tomato sandwich at her house. Which is also silly look at all the people who use cow manure. Like everything else it is what we are use to and what has been considered exceptable.

I commend your daughter, she is not giving in to big corporations and buying their expensive products just because it is a neccesity she is finding alernate ways.
That reminds me - years ago, my husband's brother brought his new bride here from Germany - they lived in a farm and only had an "outhouse" for a bathroom. We ate there several times and then she took us on a tour of her garden and we kept seeing toilet paper in the garden!!!!! Needless to say - we never ate there again! They used the "manure" from the outhouse for their garden - GAG!