View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 03:33 PM
dsb38327

Originally Posted by Shelbie
I use sheets all the time for my quilt backings. I stock up on King size flats when I find them on sale (often less than $10) Canadian for 100% cotton. I also use flannelette sheets for my warmer quilts and my kids think that they are especially cuddly. I like the King size ones because they are often only a couple of dollars more than the doubles and the extra fabric can be used to make pillowcases. Someday I may make an heirloon quilt and want matching fabric but for now co-ordinating sheets match my budget and the hard use kids put their quilts through.
Please tell me more about the 'flannelette'. Is that "flannel"? We use flannel sheets in the winter. I have wanted to use some flat flannel sheets for quilt backing because it seems it would be a snuggly quilt. I was concerned the flannel sheet might get fuzz balls and my quilt would be toast. I don't have a problem with fuzz balls on the flannel sheets I use on the bed. I don't know why I consider it a concern for the quilt backing. I do plan to give it a try but would love to benefit from your experience. Thanks...