View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 11:19 AM
vanessa

I didn't notice, but that wouldn't matter to me either. He is so beautiful. What a precious boy! I would love him too! It brings tears to my eyes to think of what he went through that night. Give him lots of kisses and hugs for me!

Vanessa

Originally Posted by stefanib123
Originally Posted by vanessa
I am in love with Simba! What breed is he? Just ship him to me please!

Vanessa
He is a flame point Himalayan. These pics don't do him justice, though, he is GEORGOUS in real life.

Did you notice he only has 3 legs?! He is an indoor cat ONLY, as he had been declawed by a previous owner. Anyway,one night after I had went to bed early with a migraine, my sons had been running in and out of the house, playing basketball, etc. At some point, they must have let him out, although they swear up and down they didn't.

My husband was working 3rd shift at the time, and he came home the next morning about 7:30 or so, and there he was laying at the bottom of our steps. At first he thought he was ok, there wasn't any blood around him, and then when he went to pick him up he saw his mangled back leg.

He ran into the house and got me up, and I freaked out. I thought maybe a wild animal or a dog had gotten a hold of him. We rushed him to the vet, and the first thing he asks is "Do you live by a train tracks?"!!! He said that the bones and blood vessels and things were so cleanly cut that it had to be something like that. We live right by a train track, so it all clicked then. Later on, we found his little foot/leg waaaaay down the tracks. It hurts my heart to think of the poor baby dragging himself home in that kind of shape,you know?

The vet said that he would have bled to death if the train hadn't cauterized it! And just think, a few inches,he would have been gone! He wasn't meant to go that day.

He had to have surgery to remove what was left, and it was really rough on him. He was on morphine for a few days, and it knocked him for a loop. I didn't sleep at all for a few days. The doctor said that a cat can't have a partial leg hanging down like that, it will throw their balance off too bad and they can't walk. So, they had to take it all the way to the hip.

He healed, and now you wouldn't think he even misses his leg! He never was really an "athletic" cat, he was always very lazy, LOL! So, in a way that's a good thing. But you'd be surprised how high he can jump with just 3 legs. He can jump my chain link fence thats over 4 feet high that my bulldog can't jump!

So, he's my special boy. He is the sweetest, most loving cat ever. He loves everyone he sees. He will "pet" me, LOL. I pet his head, and tell him to "pet mommy" and he takes both his front paws and pets me! Everyone cracks up at this.