Old 08-14-2010, 05:36 AM
tabberone

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
It may be a rule by the show (I assume you mean a judge of a show) that they require permission but that is not the law. I'd probably question it. The licenser (Disney, et al), licenses the manufacturer to use their designs to produce fabric. You, as the purchaser of that fabric, are under no contract as to what you can do with that fabric.

You could use Disney fabric to create bedding items and sell them. Here is an example of someone who used licensed fabric to create bedding and was sued.

http://www.tabberone.com/Trademarks/...tedMedia.shtml
Actually that was me suing United Media for terminating six of my eBay auctions where I was selling items made from Peanuts fabrics. I have also sued Disney, Major League Baseball, Debbie Mumm and Sanrio (Hello Kitty) for the same reason. EVERY ONE of these companies wanted to settle rather than fight the case and they all have huge legal budgets and I was representing myself in federal court. They settled in my favor and the Disney, baseball and United Media settlements are posted on my web site. I have a lengthy discourse on Licensed Fabrics on my web site. Licensed fabric refers to the rights owner licensing the fabric to be manufactured and sold; not that the fabric is sold with a license to use.

www.tabberone.com/Trademarks/CopyrightLaw/LicensedFabric.shtml

see also Precious Moments vs La Infantil, 1997, (D.P.R.) 971 F.Supp. 66
www.tabberone.com/Trademarks/PreciousMoments/PreciousMomentsFullCase.shtm