I have a chart that helps with the numbers
Blood Sugar 135 = Alc 6%
170 = 7%
205 = 8%
240 = 9%
275 = 10%
310 = 11%
345 = 12%

My husband is taking shots and I am pre. If you are diagnosed, and pill are prescribed, IT DOES NOT MEAN IT TAKES CARE OF EVERYTHING AND YOU CAN EAT ANTTHING YOU WANT!!! See a nutritionist to find out how to eat differently. Food does not define who we are-I'm a quilter, not an eater :)-some can enjoy rich foods and some of us need to find ways to enjoy the foods we can eat. I am 18 lbs into loosing 75lbs-the weight being off will better my chances of never being on medication and I will be healther to boot. I have not eaten sugar since I was diagnosed in May. For me, I choose to pass on candies, pastries, sugar snacks, desserts, chips and the potatoes and other high glycemic foods, and have protein supplements and plenty of chicken and lean meats. I pass on a lot of the leafy green veg. because of IBS-(lucky me!). And I use Splenda if I feel like I need something extra, like the sugar free no bake cookies. But they are not calorie free-a little dab will do ya! A better way to eat is out there and it is HARD, but I can do it. My goal is to NEVER be on medication for this and quilt, quilt, QUILT!