View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 11:43 AM
Beachbound

Originally Posted by Moonpi
Originally Posted by Beachbound
I'm thinking Polk County or around there. So much to do first!!!
I'm in Polk. Be extremely cautious about buying any home without proof that the sheetrock is not Chinese. After the 2004 hurricanes, construction used this cheap alternative for repairs and most of the new construction until problems showed up. The drywall corrodes heating and AC systems, electrical wiring, and makes those sensitive to it deadly ill. Since the economy tanked, many of these properties reverted to banks, and any home warranty that may have covered costly repairs may be unenforceable. The contractors are gone.

Winter Haven has a great little quilt shop called Heartfelt, and the Patchwork Pig in Lakeland has nice stuff, too. Both Lakeland and Winter Haven have Joanne's, and there is a Hancock Fabrics on South Florida Ave in Lakeland.

If you have a lot of disposable income, FL can be a lot of fun!
Interesting......and how do you ask about that without sounding less than PC??? :roll: Maybe I should just look at house built from 2005 & up.

Disposable income???What is this you speak of??? Actually hubby retired at the early age of 54 but after 5 years of retirement he may/will have to go back to work. Nothing corp. but enough to support our hobbies.