View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 02:08 PM
ginnyk

Originally Posted by janedennis
I live in Ocala National Forest right outside Ocala. It is beautiful here. We have traveled all over Florida in our RV and found that Ocala is beautiful as well as Silver Springs. We are about an hour from Orlando and there are plenty of things to see and do and also just sit and relax. If you go on the west side Ocala it is the horse capital of the world and the open paddocks of horses makes for beautiful drives in the evening. If you need any info PM me.
I grew up in Tampa. Everything has grown like crazy in the last 50 years. I totally agree that Ocala and Silver Springs is really an area to look at. You will think you are in KY when you see all the beautiful horses. Yet, the prices for real estate should be a bit more reasonable than on the coast areas. The weather is not quite as tropical as in the southern half of the state. Highway 301 still has some of the old Florida charm. To me, the west coast is the best coast. My family still lives in Plant City and Tampa. Good Luck in your search.