View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 02:23 PM
texas granny

Originally Posted by Charlee
My kids had friends with parents that were "less than ideal" to put it nicely. (One had a mother that would tell him to "Go to the store and get me a pack of ciggarettes...DON'T get caught!!" )

I treated these kids like they were my own. They rolled their eyes at something I said, they got in trouble. I gave them a time to "be home" just like my own kids, and when they were late, they got grounded like my own kids. They ate dinner with us? They helped clean up. They mouthed off? They got to spend an hour weeding the garden. They always did what I told them, they knew the alternative was to not be able to come over again...
I agree with Charlee . When I have other people kids in my home they will do what my grand kids do. They will help where it is needed or they aren't welcome back.
Alot of time these days its the kids friends parents that help raise these kids that have parents where the dogs get more love then the kids do.
Give the kids a little love and they will love you until they die. and they will remeber who it was that loved them. Give them cookie and had them weeding the flower beds.
Good luck with the kido