Old 08-17-2010, 05:51 AM
msuewhite

Originally Posted by katsewnsew
I felt the same way at my LQS monthly meeting. I went twice and to me, 2 times of being snubbed was 1 too many.
I find NO excuse for anybody to shun someone just because they are new. THEIR LOSS!!!
I could have written this post! Over a year ago I attended a LQG meeting at the invitation of the leader, via e-mail. I searched for a local guild that way, contacted the leader, etc. When I arrived another "newby" walked in the door with me. Nobody greeted us! When they circled up their chairs, guess what! My newby friend and I were left sitting behind the group, outside the circle! As the groups formed for the various activities, no one invited "us", so we strolled around the group observing, smiling, etc. Still no response, other than the person who invited me approached to ask if we had "paid our membership dues yet?". I stated, "Not yet", wondering if I was even interested in this group. She spun on her heels and moved on!! Needless to say, I gathered up my bag with my "show-and-tell" that nobody asked me to show, and made my way to the exit. At the door about a dozen of them all yelled, "Goodbye"! Guess they were glad to be rid of me! The other "Newby" was still there when I left after my telling her "Goodbye and Good Luck". My point in going into detail is that of about 50 people there, none of them made any attempt to draw us into the activities or even converse with us. It turned me off to ever going to a guild again!! Nor will I! I am blessed to have found this Board where even at long distance I feel a part of the group!