View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 03:01 PM
Janetlmt

Originally Posted by Millstream Mom
There are so many wonderful quilters out there that I thought I'd play "Tell Me About...." I'm sure there are some fascinating quilting stories!

Who taught you how to quilt?
I am self taught.

What pattern was the first quilt you made?
My first quilt was a dresden plate for my daughter

Do you still have your 1st quilt?
I still have the quilt..it needs a binding on it..my daughter doesn't like the quilt..so..I am keeping it. I don't know how someone could not like a quilt...oh well..

Which of your quilts is your favorite and why?
wow, that is a hard question..I have to say it is one I am working on right now...it is a lavender and white seven sisters quilt. I hope to get it sewn together by the end of september.

What do you do with the quilts you make?
LOL..I hourd them. I will one day start to give them away...just when i don't know.

What is the oldest quilt in your collection?
I have a quilt top that my grandmother made. She had TB in the 30's amd was in a sanitorium for 15 years. She made it laying flat on her back. One day I will quilt it.

Do you belong to a guild, or attend workshops?
I don't belong to any quilds nor do I attend workshops. I went to a local quild one time and didn't care for the click that was so obvious. I did not feel welcome.

Have you ever entered a quilt in a quilt-show or fair?
I haven't yet, but am planning on it this fall.

Have you encouraged others to try quilting?
Yes I have..but to no avail. One friend was to afraid of making a mistake. I explained...that is how we all learn..trial and error.

Why do you quilt?
It seems that all the women in my family were born creative. I went to art school and ended up a floral designer. I loved the colors of flowers, they filled my heart and satisfied my need to express myself. Twenty five years ago I started my first quilt..I got that same feeling in my heart and I knew that it was there to stay. Quilting to me is a passion for color...it has no boundries..it is open to whatever is in your mind. . . and mostly your heart. Quilting fills me up.

Peace and Blessings