View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 11:43 PM
MegsAnn

Originally Posted by Janie Q
Today in the pouring rain someone dumped 2 half grown terrified kittens in my yard. They are now on my porch warm and well fed. They are so affectionate and look well cared for. I will watch the lost and found ads but bet no one claims them. I told my husband he could take them to the pound. He can't anymore than I can. Our small shelter is always begging for people to adopt pets. My husband said get em nuetered and declawed. I guess they are keepers. There should be a law that people spay and neuter!
If it were easier and more affordable to spay and neuter, maybe more people would take on that responsibly.

We have 3 cats, 2 males and a female. The males were both shelter kitties, and we took in the female so she wouldn't go that way. They were neutered at the shelter before adoption... but when I called about spaying her, they basically said please do that, but not here. So I called around to several vets in the area and they all charge so much... It's hard. I thought there were programs to help but haven't found anything. Since they're all indoor cats and the boys have been fixed, she's on hold for now.

I realize not everybody's like me. Some people just don't care. But I do, and am not able to really do anything about it right now.