View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 04:28 AM
quilt3311

Who taught you how to quilt? Inspired by an elderly neighbor, but mostly self taught

What pattern was the first quilt you made? Hand pieced king size lone star (its still not done)

Do you still have your 1st quilt? Yes and hope to actually finish someday. Made every mistake possible on it, 1/8" seams, sheet for backing etc. etc. Oh yes, cotton poly fabric (all that was available then.

Which of your quilts is your favorite and why? Applique, just love the variety you can get with applique

What do you do with the quilts you make? Show them, give them to family, donate to fund raisers, keep them

What is the oldest quilt in your collection? Civil war star quilt. Its a made for a four poster bed

Do you belong to a guild, or attend workshops? 2 local, 1 state and 3 national. Yes, take every workshop I can. You always learn something new. If not from the teacher, from one of the other students who ask the right question or comes up with a new way to do something.

Have you ever entered a quilt in a quilt-show or fair? Yes, had one in AQS millennium show, state fair show, local shows

Have you encouraged others to try quilting? Yes, have taught quilting for over 30+ years. Many many blame ME for their addictions. grin

Why do you quilt? Because I have to. If I don't touch fabric for a couple weeks I feel like I'm lost. Its my creativity, my reason to get up in the morning. (besides Hubby and kitty that is. Kids and grand kids are all grown up and on their own.