View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 04:01 PM
MarthaVA

Ok, I did my research - I come here when I have to research anything to do with quilting. I have a Kodak printer which has always been a pain in my a&&.

We go every Sunday and buy a paper and I scan the ads. I saw that Target had an Epson printer - one of the printers that was recommended by others here on the board for printing on fabric sheets - on sale.

I went to one Target, and there weren't any left - no surprise since it's Thursday and they went on sale on Sunday. But I had to hit up another Target for something else, and low and behold, they had one. It feeds from the back like you guys said it needs to - the paper goes straight in and doesn't have to make a U turn to get printed. The ink is that special ink that everyone says is the best - MicroPiezo ink - quick drying, fade resistant, smudge proof and water resistant.

So I brought it home and carefully unpacked it - in case it wasn't going to work for me. I got it all hooked up, installed, and a test print done. I put my fabric sheet in, and OMG! It came out beautiful! I am making baby blankets for my daughter who's expecting her first (and our first grandchild) and she wanted a Precious Moments clip art printed out and appliqued onto a blanket. I had messed up 2 sheets in the Kodak printer -this one came out beautiful - perfect! I can hardly wait - now I can do postcards and appliques and quilt labels..........the possibilities are endless!

I want to thank everyone here for their kindness and their ability to share their experiences and making life easier for others of us that are just starting out!

O, did I mention, I only paid $29.00 for this printer - yes, that's not a mistake - Twenty Nine dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am ONE HAPPY CAMPER! :thumbup: :lol: :lol: :lol: