View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 08:42 PM
Rusty's Mama

Originally Posted by Millstream Mom
There are so many wonderful quilters out there that I thought I'd play "Tell Me About...." I'm sure there are some fascinating quilting stories!
Good questions!!!!
Who taught you how to quilt? No one. I came from a family of quilters (Grandmother, Mother, Aunt and then MIL) but hubby was in the military so when I became interested in quilting I learned by doing.

What pattern was the first quilt you made? Can't remember! I know I made several baby quilts but can't recall the pattern.

Do you still have your 1st quilt? No, I don't have any actual quilts I've made. I have wall hangings and small table toppers, but all the large quilts I have done have been given to others.

Which of your quilts is your favorite and why? I admire intricate quilts but don't have the patience to do one. Right now, because I do enjoy doing charity quilts I prefer simple patterns that go together quickly.

What do you do with the quilts you make? Currently I am making 4 quilts (4 double and 1 queen) for my neighbor. I am just finished two Quilts for Kids and am doing charity quilts for my guild.

What is the oldest quilt in your collection? I have a double wedding ring quilt that my mother made before she was married. That would make the quilt 65+ yrs old.

Do you belong to a guild, or attend workshops? Yes, I belong to a local guild. I rarely attend workshops but have been on several quilt retreats and LOVE those!

Have you ever entered a quilt in a quilt-show or fair? I have only put one quilt in a show sponsored by our guild - it was not judged - simply viewed by others!

Have you encouraged others to try quilting? Yes, I have a good friend that I have mentored in quilting, as well as one DIL.

Why do you quilt?
It is my escape mechanism! Love the quiet time and enjoy making things to bring joy to other people! And, quilting does seem to be my therapy! I'm sure therapy would be cheaper!