View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 11:39 AM
pookie ookie

Originally Posted by MegsAnn
but when I called about spaying her, they basically said please do that, but not here. So I called around to several vets in the area and they all charge so much... It's hard. I thought there were programs to help but haven't found anything. Since they're all indoor cats and the boys have been fixed, she's on hold for now.

I realize not everybody's like me. Some people just don't care. But I do, and am not able to really do anything about it right now.
I see you're in California. There should be a spay/neuter clinic in your area. Are you in the boonies? Try calling a vet and asking specifically for a low cost "spay neuter clinic" in your area or call 1-866-PET SPAY. Even if your vet doesn't host it, they should know about clinics. I'm sorry the shelter didn't have that info for you. I know that around these parts people can get a spay for under $30 and neuter is a few dollars less.

I've heard of mobile clinics in some large cities. Haven't seen any personally but it's a wonderful idea.

If you're still having problems and would like some help, PM me.

One of the benefits of spaying is avoiding pyrometra and cancer. Both would benefit your indoor kitty. Plus the heat moaning is really annoying. :0D Good luck.