Old 08-20-2010, 12:52 PM
JJs
Banned

Interesting that McCalls is telling us to wait with bated breath and to buy the next magazine to see what else they have to say.
"Inaccurate conclusions"? and then they mention public domain blocks - WTH - if that quilt made with public domain blocks is not subject to copyright why don't they just say so? Why not put the copyright rules for EACH quilt in the mag right with the quilt instructions. Why have to contact the magazine AND the designer - why not one central person/place/email, why not just say, you can make this quilt and show it in a quilt show but not make twenty billion to sell. Why make such a pain in the wazoo out of the whole thing.
Stupid

What's so difficult about granting the permission along with the pattern? In this day and age of bazillion patterns, boocoo quilt shows, blah blah, why make everybody jump through hoops.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - if (and that's a huge, big if) I decided to make a fantastic COPY quilt from somebody's design I would have no problem (maybe) of HAVING TO TAKE THAT EXTRA TIME, ENERGY, TROUBLE to ask permission when it should be inherent in the PRICE $$$$$$$ of the pattern in the first place.
Nobody is 'stealing money from the designers' - they paid for the pattern....
cripes

inaccurate conclusions? ok, we are too dumb to understand and they are going to graciously explain it for us.... can't wait....