View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 03:37 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by Lady-T
Originally Posted by gaigai
I hate the quilting part. I'm strictly a piecer. Like the song says, I don't quilt by hand or machine, I quilt by check! LOL
lol - DITTO here!!

I really enjoy hand stitching the binding. I use tiny stitches (approx. 10-12 per inch). I find it very relaxing.
((ok so I'm odd :roll:))
No, you're not odd! I love doing the binding. I sit in my rocking chair (truth) (in the house) or the glider (truth) (on the patio) and Miss Bess has to lay down on the quilt as I stitch. It is a very warm comforting feeling and I time to reflect on the quilt I just finished. I love the stories behind each quilt, like telling about the badger under the shed at our son's 10 acre farm, or the stray peacock that graced their yard, pasture and chicken yard and how birds moult and poor Napoleon (the peacock) lost all but four tail feathers and didn't make it across the highway because he couldn't fly and met his demise in front of their place -- but not to worry, Napoleon became a father and there are more peacocks roaming the fields to carry on his legacy of tormenting chickens, scaring goats and serenading our son and daughter in law under their bedroom window at 2:00 in the morning. That is why I write a "book" on each quilt I make, right down to a picture of Bess laying on the quilt. Provenance and fun stuff that happens in our family! Edie