Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What part of quilting do you...

like the LEAST? For me it is washing and ironing fabric -- especially when I have allowed the unwashed fabric to build up to rediculous levels! I've spent most of the last week washing and ironing and I am now officially in an "I'm not buying anymore fabric for awhile" mode. So, what is your least favorite part of the quilting process?

On another note, it is great to be back to the Quilting Board. My computer has been 'down' while my DH completely wiped the hard drive and then reload everything in order to (hopefully) get rid of the virus that has been bugging me for months and months. He essentially made me a new computer!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I hate the quilting part. I'm strictly a piecer. Like the song says, I don't quilt by hand or machine, I quilt by check! LOL

LOVE piecing the best, not thrilled with the actual quilting part and HATE binding LOL :)

I don't really 'hate' any part of putting 'together' a quilt, BUT I will machine sew the binding every chance I get :lol:

RST
    Blog Entries
    I do not enjoy the stretching, layering, sandwiching, basting chores.

Love design, love cutting, love piecing, grit my teeth through the sandwhich and baste stage, all to get to my most favorite part which is free motion quilting.

RST

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteQuilts
    I don't really 'hate' any part of putting 'together' a quilt, BUT I will machine sew the binding every chance I get :lol:
    same here

Crawling on the floor to pin the sandwich as I now have a tile floor.

Same for me....I hate the pinning on the floor part...And I am not sure why I always get winded when I am doing it. Its not like its a work out or anything... It must be my attitude about it. I love all stages of the process except that.

Binding really drives me wild, it never seems to come out right.

This = me.

Blog Entries
    i don't "hate" any part of the process. sometimes if the quilt is bigger than a lap i have trouble quilting it on my machine, but other than that i love ... love ... love to do each step.

I love piecing.

Quilting is okay but not quite as fun as piecing. I recently got a Juki on a Mini Penni frame. Before that, I hated quilting! LOL!

I hate putting the binding on, even though it's probably the easiest part. I've got a queen-sized quilt completely finished except for the dingdang binding! :lol:

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gaigai
    I hate the quilting part. I'm strictly a piecer. Like the song says, I don't quilt by hand or machine, I quilt by check! LOL
    lol - DITTO here!!

I really enjoy hand stitching the binding. I use tiny stitches (approx. 10-12 per inch). I find it very relaxing.
    ((ok so I'm odd :roll:))

I think I least like the "last half" part. Piecing or quilting the first half is exciting, challenging, fun. Then by the time I get to the second half I'm at the point of being bored with it and just want it to be done----at that's the part that's my favorite!

Power Poster
    I think I like putting on the binding the best because I know it will be done soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RST
    I do not enjoy the stretching, layering, sandwiching, basting choreRST
    Me too :roll:

The part I like least is there isn't enough time in a day to get very much done and I love the whole process but arthritis makes me have my quilts finished by machine. I am going to put a small wall hanging on a frame and see if I can do a few stitches at a time.

I think the sanwhiching is the hardest for me. I work on the floor, and after a while, it kills my knees! I need those pads that roofers use!

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    For me it's the washing and ironing. My favorite is the cutting, I could cut fabric all day long.

I don't like the quilting part.

I love piecing. I'm doing the Farmers Wife Sampler blocks and it's great-each block is a new challenge. This is my favorite thing to do. What am I going to do with all 100 blocks when they're done? I'll probably end up with 100 potholders because I won't want to quilt it!

Adding a label is a chore for me. I always add one but for some reason, its a pain....

Least favorite - - hands down, no doubt about it, handsewing the binding. Especially in the summer.

I'm also not crazy about cleaning up the mess I make, since I have to sew in the dining room. I wish I had a sewing room so I could just leave the mess & padlock the door everytime somebody was coming to visit.

The part I hate the most is sometimes half way through a project I get bored and have to make myself finish.

I don't like the sandwiching part on big quilts. I always use my floos to do so. My back, knies en everything else hurts for a week after sandwiching.

I also don't like the sandwiching part. I love binding them. It's strange but that seems to be the one part of quilting that I'm best at!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast